Friday, September 2, 2011

Heading to Oregon!

Our house in Hemet
The morning we left for Oregon I suddenly realized we had never taken our picture in front of our house. This lovely little number is what we have. The suns in our eyes, my contacts refused to go in that early in the morning I was sick with a fever and everyone was annoyed that I was forcing them to be photographed. But hey, I'm the Mama, shouldn't I get to have a picture if I want one? :)

My fabulous in-laws volunteered to drive our U-Haul so our little family could all ride together. U-Haul recommended a truck that was much too small so we had to rent an extra trailer to tow behind the U-Haul like a little caboose. My Grandparents in law decided to drive our other car so we had a fun little caravan up to Oregon. It was so incredibly generous and kind of them all to drive with us and made the move SOOOOO much easier! (especially when it was time to unload all the heavy stuff!)

We had lots of fun on our drive up. We stopped at Mt. Shasta and ate blackberries along the side of the road. Is that considered stealing? I'm not really sure but they were the yummiest blackberries I have ever had!


We were unable to stop by the sign so this is our Welcome to Oregon picture :)



Larry and his donut





We stopped to get gas in Oregon and were happy to discover Hostess jelly filled donuts, something Larry talks about all the time! Good work Oregon! Oh yeah, we also didn't have to pump our own gas, which is nice and strange at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment