Monday, October 3, 2011

Happiness in a box

I have been feeling kind of down in the dumps lately. I don't know if it is the weather or just all the changes in our lives but I have felt kind of bleh. The other day we went to get the mail and to our surprise our box was CRAMMED full of amazing surprises. It is incredible how fast you stop feeling bleh when you get packages in the mail! One HUGE box came for the girls from their Grandma Ruiz. It came with a cute note that said what item was assigned to each girl. It was super fun to read things like "a pink cat shirt for Melanie" and watch the girls frantically dig in the box until they found each item, it was like a treasure hunt! They loved all their new treasures. Kailah loved her beautiful new dress and Melanie can't stop talking about her new Twinkle Toe shoes. And I can't wait to show off Molly's new Halloween outfit! All the other babies are going to be so jealous of how awesome it is! (Thanks Aunt Julia and Grandma Ruiz) I will take a picture of her in it and post it!

The second box came from the #2 Bradshaws. It was The Cousin Box (a super clever idea, very impressive Jen!). Inside the cousin box were 2 awesome pictures from Seth and Eldon, a rattle for Molly that is her new favorite toy, tattoos, lip gloss and best of all some snap bracelets. People are always asking if we plan on trying for a boy someday, I don't know why we need to, everything my girls get their hands on turn into weapons. I loved watching them in their fancy new clothes from their grandma, putting lip gloss on and sword fighting with snap bracelets. Here is how snap bracelet sword fighting works: you sit in a circle with the whole family with your bracelet straight and on the count of three you frantically hit each others bracelets until it curls up, the last one standing with a straight bracelet wins. I'm not gonna lie, it is a dangerous and frightening game but we were laughing so hard. We can't wait to pass The Cousin Box to the next house full of cousins! I think I just needed some surprises in the mail and a good sword fight with my kids because I feel rejuvenated. We have a pretty amazing family in California that makes us all feel pretty special and loved. Thank you so much! :)

I tried to take a picture of all the loot, it came out really really bad but I couldn't get them to sit still because they wanted to play with everything. So here is the best I could do:

1 comment:

  1. YAY for snap bracelet sword fights! Your girls are just totally awesome. How cool that you got 2 packages on the same day - nothing is more fun than getting surprise mail. Glad to hear the girls loved all their loot!

    ReplyDelete